As I am writing this on Wednesday I do not know if there is a Powerball winner. I don’t know if someone won $1.5 billion dollars—or more, if the pot ended up getting rolled into Saturday’s drawing. But who, if anyone, won the biggest lottery prize in history is not the point of this diary.
First, let’s look at some of this week’s headlines about Powerball:
- Can you improve your Powerball odds? — CNN Money
- With The Jackpot At $1.4 Billion, Is It Finally Rational To Purchase A Powerball Ticket? — The Federalist
- The Fascinating Math Behind Why You Won’t Win Powerball — Wired
-
Lottery Players Go to Great Lengths for Powerball Tickets — ABC News
-
You should really buy a Powerball ticket today — CBS Marketwatch
-
Can I buy Powerball Tickets with a Credit Card? — Credit.com
Then there is this guy, who shared his thoughts when the lottery pot was a mere $500 million. It’s likely the most honest interview the reporter has ever conducted (you can check out the video below).
And the list of news stories about the lottery go on and on, as news organizations cannot seem to get enough of the big jackpot whenever it grows to outlandish proportions. But none of them touch on the lottery being nothing more than a method of wealth redistribution.
In this case, the wealth is going from the poor and middle class directly to the state.
from Daily Kos http://ift.tt/1P9OjTU
0 التعليقات:
Post a Comment