Search Google

5/27/17

Officials name new town clerk

LAKE ARTHUR — Amy Broussard of Gueydan was named the new town clerk Friday during a special meeting.

Broussard, who wasn’t at the meeting, was unanimously appointed to the position to replace longtime clerk Cindy Mallet, who was dismissed in April due to personal matters. She had served as town clerk for 25 years.

Shelly Hanks had been serving as interim clerk.

Mayor Robbie Bertrand said Broussard was one of eight applicants who applied for the position and were interviewed by aldermen over a two-day period. One of the applicants withdrew before the final selection.

“We put the application out, I reviewed them and I made my decision on what my recommendation would be to the council, and they felt they wanted to interview the applicants rather than accept my recommendations,” Bertrand said. “I had no problems with that.”

The aldermen developed a list of questions and reviewed all applications before making their final selection, he said. Each applicant was interviewed for 30-40 minutes, Bertrand said.

“Most of the council members at that time had a good idea who they were going to select, but I asked each individual one to tell me who their number one and number two choices were,” he said.

Four of the aldermen selected the same applicant, he said.

“I really didn’t have anything to do with the decision,” Bertrand said. “I trusted their efforts to go forward and get the best person in here and get the town back to business.”

Bertrand on Thursday made an offer to the top applicant, who initially accepted the post, but later withdrew after she was offered an incentive by her current employer to stay.

“So I went with the number two applicant and overall a majority of the council had made the same selection,” Bertrand said. “They made their recommendation to me and shared their decision with me, and it was the second of the applicants that rose to the top.”

He said the two clerks now working in Town Hall have been busy and that the town has continued to do what it needs to do in the absence of a town clerk.



from American Press: Your Best News And Advertising Source - Home http://ift.tt/2rJOXRn

0 التعليقات:

Post a Comment

Search Google

Blog Archive