Alyssa Holmes of DeQuincy will begin her journey to become a pediatric nurse this fall at McNeese State University. She will be getting her bachelor’s in nursing.
While she was influenced by watching “Grey’s Anatomy,” a majority of Holmes’ inspiration to pursue nursing came from her fascination with the human body.
“I have always liked bones and muscles,” said Holmes. “Now I’ve noticed I want to go into pediatrics, since I love kids.”
After getting her bachelor’s, Holmes plans to go back to school to become a nurse practitioner.
Holmes chose McNeese because of its nursing program and its closeness to home.
“My dad lives in Lake Charles,” said Thompson “I didn’t want to go too far from home.”
Holmes said she will join the sorority Phi Mu and plans to play recreational basketball.
Holmes was an athlete in high school. She played basketball and softball all through high school and lettered every year. She was the captain of the basketball team in both her junior and senior years. She also played volleyball her freshman year.
Holmes was a member of her Beta Club. During convention season, she danced in her Beta Club’s competitive musical production, “Frozen.”
“We placed first in district, second in state, and fifth in nationals,” said Holmes. “We had singers, dancers and actors.”
Because of her passion for children and dancing, Holmes plans to teach at her old dance studio. Holmes said she loves dancing because it gives her an adrenaline rush.
“It is fun, the rush that it gives you,” Holmes said. “You end up out of breath, but it is great.”
One of Holmes’ favorite hobbies is going on trips. She said that her love of traveling is driven by her desire to experience new things. Holmes couldn’t pick her favorite vacation, but she was able to narrow it down to two: Her trip to New York and her vacation to the St. Martin Islands in the Caribbean.
“I definitely want to go to Australia,” said Holmes. “I think the Great Barrier Reef is so pretty. I would love to go snorkeling.”
from American Press: Your Best News And Advertising Source - Home http://ift.tt/2b9KkH9
0 التعليقات:
Post a Comment