Recent Washington-Marion graduate Kenneth Logan Jr. got a head start on his college education this summer. Logan took Math 175 and Chemistry 101 Lab. He already had 13 credits prior to starting college from taking Math 113 and 170 in high school.
“I want to get a head start, an early lead,” said Logan. “Hopefully, in the spring I will be a sophomore.”
Logan will benefit from getting ahead because of his plans to get a double major. He will be getting his degrees in computer science and mathematics.
“I like the way technology is advancing in our society,” he said. “It is very interesting to me.”
He hopes to take his degrees and create an app.
“I want to make an app that everyone wants to download like Angry Birds or Fun Run,” he said. “I want to create or be part of something.”
Logan would also like to help out with his mentor and previous math teacher, Mr. Moore, with his tutoring business.
“He would tell me my mistakes and give me the heads-up on things,” said Logan. “He would show me how I should approach situations.”
Logan has also been busying himself with work. He previously worked for Market Basket and now works for Waitr. He plans on tutoring math in the Tutoring Center at McNeese.
In his free time, Logan said, he enjoys games like Mortal Combat and Call of Duty and plays basketball with his friends.
During his senior year, Logan was the president of the Beta Club and was a member of the National Honor Society.
He won six scholarships along with the American Press Scholarship — including the Marion Class of ’82 Scholarship, the Carol Jean Carter Math Scholarship and the LeFleur Scholarship.
Logan said he had some good advice for upcoming seniors.
“Do something that will improve yourself,” he said. “Prepare yourself for college. Take a college course, boost your ACT score, or study.”
from American Press: Your Best News And Advertising Source - Home http://ift.tt/2b9CrOM
0 التعليقات:
Post a Comment